Saturday, August 20, 2016

Tofu Mushroom Lettuce Wraps


I love tofu!

It's been a while since I've written, so I thought I would come back writing about something I love.

My Tofu Mushroom Lettuce Wrap recipe is one of the simplest least expensive meals that I make and we usually gobble them up so quickly that I don't get a photo.

Tofu Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
10oz frozen shiitake mushrooms
1 14oz package extra firm tofu
1 small white onion
1 head of your favourite lettuce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tbspn canola oil
Sriracha (to taste) 
1. Cut tofu so that the cubes are roughly the same size as mushroom slices. Finely chop onion.
2. Pre-heat oil in large frying pan (or wok) over medium heat and divide twelve crisp lettuce leaves across four plates.
3. Add tofu to hot oil and sauté. Add the onion when the tofu begins to get crispy at edges. Add the mushrooms when the onion begins to turn clear.
4. Cook mushrooms for about three minutes, then add two tablespoons of soy sauce. Cook for 3-5 more minutes.
5. Pour remaining soy sauce into a medium bowl. Add vinegar and Sriracha to bowl and mix to make dipping sauce.
6. Spoon tofu mushroom mixture into lettuce leaves and serve!
Everything, but the soy sauce, is included on the anti-inflammatory diet. Luckily, Wellness Mama has a simple recipe for a soy sauce alternative. This meal is vegetarian, unless you use Wellness Mama's soy sauce alternative, but then it won't work with the anti-inflammatory diet. I've been cheating and using regular soy sauce, but will try Wellness Mama's and report back to you soon!

To find out more about my journey in exploring food as medicine, like my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment